What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

IMG-6804.jpg

I love the way the wood grain (bocote?) complements & accentuates the handle shape!! I assume thats an EDChef regular size. It's a beauty at any rate.

Thank you, and yes, it is bocote and a standard OG EDChef. One of the last to be made with the original blade to handle angle. I love bocote, and I have ever since I first met it. I have at least a couple dozen knives worth in the shop now.

Behold the EDChef redesign. It is subtle, but cutting board friendliness is improved, without taking away its usefulness as an EDC knife.

IMG-6817.jpg

IMG-6816.jpg

Made the same change to the EDChef XL. I have a limited number of these in 15N20 now. May run them again in another alloy at some point depending on the demand.

Thanks Bill! Raspberry with black and white licorice, so it ought to be. 🤣

I'm taking this afternoon to finish up the test Prevex in 3V so I can carry it and get to know the steel.

My Serrated 15N20 and Suretouch Prevail is going to be let go as an R&D knife for $90. I am going to sharpen it up today and give it a soap and water wash, but other than that it will be as is, forced patina and all. It has been on my hip pretty much since I made it, and I tweaked it several times. The ergos are sweet on it.

Not posting a sale ad. It'll go to the first person who pops into this thread to ask for it. Existing sheath is included. For another $45 I will refinish the blade (maker's mark will be even more faint after this) and make a new sheath.

IMG-6840.jpg

IMG-6839.jpg

I wouldn’t let it go any other way

Back