Votes: 47 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Stop asking me questions!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I shall never tell

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Yes. Been carrying a 2022 Thunder Grey Vic Classic on my keys since 2022. Before that it was usually a standard Classic or Micro Recon 1. My less used key fobs have a Micro Recon 1 still. They’ve all come in handy enough to keep them on there.

Victorinox Rambler is my keychain knife/multitool
This small SAK is my everyday companion 👍

The knife blade works for opening boxes but the other tools are very convenient. The screwdrivers, bottle opener and the scissors are very useful

I don't carry a keychain; but I am a fan of some knives that are typically considered keychain knives

Rambler
RqJpSLk.jpg

Vagabond/Mate
GEbpbQ4.jpg

Minichamp
G0DFrlh.jpg

Alox Classic
LGo1pVr.jpg

I had a Schrade Little Bear I carried on my key chain ring so long it wore thru the bail. Sent if back to Schrade and they replaced the bail, cleaned it up and retuned it to me. Then I started to travel a lot after 9-11 so got tired of having to take it off the key chain, now it sits in a drawer with some of my other knives. John

Airport security attempted to confiscate my P-38 after 9-11. Absolutely absurd. They allowed it when I objected, explained what it is, and offered to call over a National Guardsman posted nearby (to verify, not intercede). They told me to just go away - heh.

Classic on keychain, I would always remove and leave it in the car before Vegas events (hockey, concerts, courthouse, etc.).

Airport security attempted to confiscate my P-38 after 9-11. Absolutely absurd. They allowed it when I objected, explained what it is, and offered to call over a National Guardsman posted nearby (to verify, not intercede). They told me to just go away - heh.

Classic on keychain, I would always remove and leave it in the car before Vegas events (hockey, concerts, courthouse, etc.).
After working tsa for 15 months I have used "go away" quite a few times. We perform exceptional displays of customer service.😜
Flying out of the USA and between USA flights all knives are taken away, however 4 inch scissors, perfectly OK

..?

I have had an SAK Classic on my keychains for years. I use the scissors frequently and the other tools occasionally.
I find the classic an extremely versatile tool. Not only would it find plenty of use in an office environment, but also at a job site, outdoors and even hunting/fishing (see Chuck Yeager)

I’ve been carrying a knife on my key chain for decades.

Started out with a Mini Buck. After that it was a Buck Nano Bantam. Since last Christmas it’s been a Cold Steel Micro Recon.

I’ve been carrying a knife on my key chain for decades.

Started out with a Mini Buck. After that it was a Buck Nano Bantam. Since last Christmas it’s been a Cold Steel Micro Recon.
I feel the alox series at victorinox is better for actual keychain carry, puts up with the other keys better, now that the cellidor scales aren't as solid (?) I hear stories of them cracking
Also the alox varieties have a stronger back spring and blade

I feel the alox series at victorinox is better for actual keychain carry, puts up with the other keys better, now that the cellidor scales aren't as solid (?) I hear stories of them cracking
Also the alox varieties have a stronger back spring and blade
I have a few Alox series knives and I like them a lot. I just prefer a lock back.

Back