Votes: 45 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Stop asking me questions!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I shall never tell

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
17147933523852807117225641687882.jpgcarried this for 20 years,it's a logic that had a flashlight that became obsolete, it lacked brightness for the cost of batteries, the thing I liked the most was the clip which allowed me to clip it to my waistband .wish I could find a configuration of waistband clip,flashlight and knife.now I have a small flashlight and gec 05 stag which i find bulky. It wouldn't be to bad if the clip on flashlight allowed me to attach to waistband with ease.

View attachment 2564425carried this for 20 years,it's a logic that had a flashlight that became obsolete, it lacked brightness for the cost of batteries, the thing I liked the most was the clip which allowed me to clip it to my waistband .wish I could find a configuration of waistband clip,flashlight and knife.now I have a small flashlight and gec 05 stag which i find bulky. It wouldn't be to bad if the clip on flashlight allowed me to attach to waistband with ease.
What knife is this? Does it have a built in light?

What knife is this? Does it have a built in light?
Ya but took the flashlight off because it lack brightness for the 20 dollars worth of batteries it needed.it was made by logic.i will try get a picture of before.

I carried a Rambler, but my pocket destroyed the cellidor, so I switched to the mighty alox MiniChamp. I used it yesterday to clean, cut and file my nails.

IMG-7520.jpg

I like the idea of having a cutting tool which is small enough to travel along with other stuff. That way, I don't have to put any thought into making sure I have it: it's just there when it's needed.

I have short, fat fingers, and everything so far with a sub-2.5" blade just doesn't feel like there is quite enough of it to hold onto. Oh, and lanyards annoy me, because I don't like easy, conventional solutions to things.

In the interest of full disclosure (and gratuitous pictures), I did pick this up, recently.

Tabletop Razel.jpg

It sits on the table next to the couch for my wife to borrow when she needs a box-opener, or some such thing. I have no intention of carrying it (I wish the pocket-clip sheath was a standard on any sub-2.75" fixed blade), but it comes close to being a "keychain knife".

Well, no. It's big enough that it would really be a neck knife.

Nevermind! Pictures!

I do not like having a lot of stuff on my keys. I did carry a rambler or classic SD in my watch pocket for a long time in addition to my main blade, but I found I never used it. Probably used the toothpick more than anything :)

The largest item I'll carry on the keys is the car fob, so any keychain knife needs to fit inside its footprint. Classic and LB1 (and certainly others) fit that condition for me.

No it’s a little thicker. Probably worth it for the extra utility imo. I carried a Signature for a while on my keys and appreciated the pen enough for the very slight increase in weight/thickness.
The ink pen in the Compact is a helpful addition to an already great knife/tool. I've had to use it twice when it was very helpful to write a note and nothing else was available.

I tried the keychain SAK, but it got too funky. Everything locked up on it.

Could have just texted yourself
😉
Dude. We were in the Badlands of South Dakota and I lost my wife on a hike. So I went back to the truck, left a note I was looking for her and asking for help. Then started to search those winding canyons that all look alike. After a three day search the volunteers all left. So the sad part is we never found her so she's out there still. I did leave her a note where the truck had been parked. But still, lo these many years later, breaking news, this just in - still no wife.

I currently have 2 knives on my keychain :
🇨🇭 Vic Signature Lite (has flashlight + ballpen)
🇫🇷 Opinel n°4

Yes, it may come as a surprise, I love keychain knives. What? no surprise?

Okay, yes I am the case peanut guy who downsized even more to the SAK classic. I just find that in my lifestyle as a retired gentleman of leisure in the town of Georgetown Texas, I don't really need much knife. I do a hell of a lot of fishing, but for that my old Buck woodsman does the dirty work of cutting bait and cleaning what is going to go into the frying pan. But for most duties in town, like opening mail, Amazon packages, the little 58mm SAK does what I need, and takes up very little room on the keyring. But to me, its way more than a knife, its scissors, tweezers, flat and Phillips screw driver, and thorn/sticket plucker for my dogs paws. I really don't think a day goes by that I'm not using it for something. It's a little multitool with a very wide window of capability. Its kept company on my keyring by the Fenix flashlight that re[laced the E01.

My other favorite keychain knife is my old Christy knife. I love how the blade locks out in three different lengths, depending on what you need. And the blades are replaceable.

Okay, yes I am the case peanut guy who downsized even more to the SAK classic. I just find that in my lifestyle as a retired gentleman of leisure in the town of Georgetown Texas, I don't really need much knife. I do a hell of a lot of fishing, but for that my old Buck woodsman does the dirty work of cutting bait and cleaning what is going to go into the frying pan. But for most duties in town, like opening mail, Amazon packages, the little 58mm SAK does what I need, and takes up very little room on the keyring. But to me, its way more than a knife, its scissors, tweezers, flat and Phillips screw driver, and thorn/sticket plucker for my dogs paws. I really don't think a day goes by that I'm not using it for something. It's a little multitool with a very wide window of capability. Its kept company on my keyring by the Fenix flashlight that re[laced the E01.

My other favorite keychain knife is my old Christy knife. I love how the blade locks out in three different lengths, depending on what you need. And the blades are replaceable.
You have a Classic with Phillips driver?

I've fallen off the Wagon as it were and tried to carry designated folders and found my annoyances only to be confirmed.
Most if not all (for me) and we'll generally in general are too thick, they lack the cutting geometry that makes a knife a good knife, most will disagree, I'm sure. They are thicker stronger blades so they can be forced through tougher material and yes will appear to cut better; but when it actually comes down to the anatomy of the cut, as I've noticed, they are quite dull, because they are too thick, and that's the theme of the day, most fixed blades needs to be able to baton seasoned oak, and most folders need to be thick, in case you run into mountain trolls.

You have a Classic with Phillips driver?
The SD tip on the nail file fits most small Phillips screw very well. It also makes a decent bottle opener with the right technique. Insert under cap edge and twist gently. do that about three times and the top pops off with your thumb. The shape of the SD tip makes it able to a things Carl Elsner never dreamed of.

Last edited:
Back