Votes: 45 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Stop asking me questions!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I shall never tell

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Dude. We were in the Badlands of South Dakota and I lost my wife on a hike. So I went back to the truck, left a note I was looking for her and asking for help. Then started to search those winding canyons that all look alike. After a three day search the volunteers all left. So the sad part is we never found her so she's out there still. I did leave her a note where the truck had been parked. But still, lo these many years later, breaking news, this just in - still no wife.
The next time I had to leave a note we were lost at sea. Had an empty bottle, paper but alas no pen. But wait! I always have my Compact with me, so I wrote a note, put it in the bottle, corked it and wished for the best after throwing it in. I was later rescued, but sadly, my wife was lost surfing a giant wave in Portugal. DO NOT leave home without your SAK Compact.

Alox Minichamp does it for me; before that it was a Midnite Manager that gave me the Rambler tools and orientation with the light and a pen. Granted they're not strictly on my keychain, which is a mess, but on a separate keyring with items I refuse to leave home without.

The next time I had to leave a note we were lost at sea. Had an empty bottle, paper but alas no pen. But wait! I always have my Compact with me, so I wrote a note, put it in the bottle, corked it and wished for the best after throwing it in. I was later rescued, but sadly, my wife was lost surfing a giant wave in Portugal. DO NOT leave home without your SAK Compact.
Okay that post made me feel better. After the first one, I was thinking "wait is this guy serious?." After the second post I realized, " well of course he is!". Whew.

Victorinox Swiss Army Classic(s) here, although at the moment the keychain is unadorned.

Used to carry a key chain auto stiletto, in hindsight, a terrible idea, it would pop open at times and I would get stabbed/cut, the spring even died a early death so it turned useless AND dangerous

Sometimes I think about attaching a light weight keychain knife to a badge retractor, and then to my backpack but
Haven't done it yet

I carry either a SAK Rambler or a Manager (which is a Rambler with a pressurized ball-point pen instead of a toothpick), but I don't carry them on a keychain. Just thrown in a pocket - they're so slim and light you don't really know they're even there.

By far the things I've used the most are the nail-file, tweezers, and pen (Manager). The bottle opener has come in handy several times as well.

ZEJSImW.jpg

ts6jnn9.jpg

Last edited:
I carry either a SAK Rambler or a Manager (which is a Rambler with a pressurized ball-point pen instead of a toothpick), but I don't carry them on a keychain. Just thrown in a pocket - they're so slim and light you don't really know they're even there.

By far the things I've used the most are the nail-file, tweezers, and pen (Manager). The bottle opener has come in handy several times as well.

ZEJSImW.jpg

ts6jnn9.jpg
Got one in my shirt pocket (rambler)
It's causing me to sweat under my left teet

ZEJSImW.jpg

ts6jnn9.jpg

I really like that yellow one, going to have to find one.

Back