Votes: 45 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Stop asking me questions!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I shall never tell

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Allways a classic n a Christy on me keys with a snap lock.

j0Aim2wh.jpg
I bought a sog key knife from Walmart a couple hundred years ago, the darn thing was more unstable than a teeter totter, but it locked to some capacity and the edge pinched cut certain stuff into submission so I guess it worked, poorly if that

Rambler on my truck keys
Classic on my set of wife's Jeep keys
LST on my set of our camper van keys.

As much as I love the Classic and kept one on my keychain like forever, I've come to believe Rambler > Classic.

I bought a sog key knife from Walmart a couple hundred years ago, the darn thing was more unstable than a teeter totter, but it locked to some capacity and the edge pinched cut certain stuff into submission so I guess it worked, poorly if that

I find it useful to have some kind of slicing tool on there, sometimes I just have the keys and no knife. And its always nice to have a pair of scissors on u and the other sak tools.

Rambler on my truck keys
Classic on my set of wife's Jeep keys
LST on my set of our camper van keys.

As much as I love the Classic and kept one on my keychain like forever, I've come to believe Rambler > Classic.

Is it the same size as the classic?

Is it the same size as the classic?
No it’s a little thicker. Probably worth it for the extra utility imo. I carried a Signature for a while on my keys and appreciated the pen enough for the very slight increase in weight/thickness.

Vic Signature - small (2.25 inches closed), but has a small pen blade, a scissors (always handy to have), and a pen - which has really come in handy.

I really do love that micro for keys. I’ve used mine pretty hard and they’ve proven equal in heat treat as the large CS aus-8 blades of the past. Nice to have a sturdy tri ad lock on such a small knife, probably not something you’d consider until you try it for awhile.
it’s a winner for sure. I’ve put this thing through just about anything you could imagine and it’s handled it like a champ.

it’s a winner for sure. I’ve put this thing through just about anything you could imagine and it’s handled it like a champ.
Definitely. And the spear point is the way to go. Tantos are nice but when they’re that small the shortcomings are amplified IMO. Wish they still made them in AUS-8, I’ve tried the newer 4034 and they look better being uncoated, but don’t hold the same edge.

Definitely. And the spear point is the way to go. Tantos are nice but when they’re that small the shortcomings are amplified IMO. Wish they still made them in AUS-8, I’ve tried the newer 4034 and they look better being uncoated, but don’t hold the same edge.
I wasnt aware they changed the blade steel that’s unfortunate. Was thinking about replacing mine with an uncoated version but I guess I’ll just stick with old trusty 😂

I wasnt aware they changed the blade steel that’s unfortunate. Was thinking about replacing mine with an uncoated version but I guess I’ll just stick with old trusty 😂
I’ve removed the Teflon coating from old AUS-8 recons before and it’s very easy. If you want to refresh yours, that’s an option.

Otherwise, I see them for sale on the secondary often enough, but beware the fakes. The fakes I’ve seen have the text on the non-show side in the wrong spot and in wider font that runs into the top grind.

Last edited:
For me its a spyderco lady bug, it's come in handy more than twice.

Looks heavy
The Buck 2.2 oz. There are definitely lighter options but it’s a really nice knife . The rest of the stuff does add up to be a bit on the heavy side. All of it is still less than the copper scaled PM2 I carry every now and again so I hardly notice.

Back