May 2024 Buck of the Month BOTM - 112 Slim Pro TRX, D2 Red Cerakote with Milled Aluminum Black Handle

Super cool! The May BOTM pays tribute to Darth Maul. Darth Maul wore black clothing and his skin was black and red. You have to love the red Cerakote blade.

I was thinking it was for Darth Vader - the handle design and material used representing Vader's helmet/grill of his face, and his shoulders/chest. Red, the color of his lightsaber (which was/is super iconic and meaningful) .

Vader or Maul, ORDERED !

Last edited:
0112BKS2BOTM-B_11__57891.1714578713.386.513.jpg

I'm sorry, $155 for a knife that would look right at home in one of those spinner cases down at the truck stop right off of exit 54? Easy pass for me. Entirely unfortunate this time around. Another month where my money's safe in my pocket. A shame.

I'm sorry, $155 for a knife that would look right at home in one of those spinner cases down at the truck stop right off of exit 54? Easy pass for me. Entirely unfortunate this time around. Another month where my money's safe in my pocket. A shame.
Absolutely agree. Every point.

Who knows, maybe there will be special limited run on May 24 following a Jack Bauer theme. Likely would have a stonewashed blade.

But I do hope the guys who liked today's May BOTM and ordered it truly enjoy it in their collections. Will likely end up more a looker than a user for many. Looking forward to pics.

Last edited:

Who knows, maybe there will be special limited run on May 24 following a Jack Bauer theme. ;)

But I do hope the guys who liked today's May BOTM and ordered it truly enjoy it in their collections. Will likely end up more a looker than a worker for many. Looking forward to pics.

Until June, my BOTM wish list remains the same:

- Anything in the 300 Series with at least S30V steel and long pulls.
- Burlap micarta on either a Vantage or Marksman or Paradigm or Spitfire.
- Sprint with ebony or dymalux.
- 112 Slim TRX with ebony or dymalux.

Please No Cerakote on any of the blades.
Those would all be great knives, absolutely.

For me, I am still feeling the pain of having missed the Magnacut 110 Hunter Sport in Magnacut from that surprise drop last year. I carry the S30v model quite often, that would be probably one of my top ten knives of all time. They just never come up anywhere on secondary, which stings all over again every time they bring out something like this month's special.

I ordered one. I have a few TRXs laying around and I can use the red blade and aluminum handle to make some Franken-Bucks. I’m thinking a black aluminum TRX with a un-coated satin blade would be something I’d carry around. The orange / red TRX, not so much.

That is what might get me to buy one... I have a TRX that I like overall, but I hate the textured G10. Even after sanding them down a little, they still bother me.

This milled black aluminum is nice....

But $155 for D2 is kinda rough though. Basically paying $55 more than stock for worse steel.

Haha...well I did list black/red knife for Darth Maul. It could be Darth Vader as previously mentioned with the red lightsaber. Plus to be Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber you would need something like the 389 Canoe with dual red Cerakote blades coming out of each end. :cool: Maybe Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. can get some clarification for us on that so people know what "dark side" villain they are supporting. :p

I'll save my money for the hairy scales Chewbacca knife next year. 🤣 Congrats to those that want and receive one. Please share pics when you get them.

This is the first weekend release in the 77 knife BOTM history.

This exclusive Buck 112 Slim Pro TRX features a ruby red, Cerakoted, D2 steel, straight clip blade with thumstuds on both sides of the blade. The handle is made of milled aluminum with a black Cerakote finish. Complete with a removable and reversible, black Cerakoted pocket clip for an ambidextrous carry. This unique knife is expertly built in Post Falls, Idaho as part of the May 2024 Buck of the Month program. Only 750 made.
0112BKS2BOTM-B_8__95277.jpg

Last edited:
Truly just a question out of curiosity for those following along... The regular Slim Pro TRX goes for ~ $105 on the Buck website. I understand that D2 steel is not an upgrade to the S30v that comes on those. However, the aluminum handle/scales would justify a price increase, no?
I don't think I'll be ordering one, but when I first looked I didn't think the price was too out of line. I also understand that Star Wars and Cerakote are two things that can be polarizing/not everyone's cup o' tea.

Who knows, maybe there will be special limited run on May 24 following a Jack Bauer theme. Likely would have a stonewashed blade.

But I do hope the guys who liked today's May BOTM and ordered it truly enjoy it in their collections. Will likely end up more a looker than a user for many. Looking forward to pics.
Jack Bauer edition 🤣 that would be awesome!

Back