May 2024 Buck of the Month BOTM - 112 Slim Pro TRX, D2 Red Cerakote with Milled Aluminum Black Handle

I would pass, I saw the 112 slim pro in carbon fiber in the exchange that looked much better.

I was driving back from the library with my 13-yr old on Saturday. We'd just picked up a haul for Free Comic Book Day and were talking about some of the May the Fourth stuff we saw. I mentioned my R2D2 Budgie and passed it over to her. It's my only Star Wars Buck, but all our kids think it's cool. She asked about this year's version. I told her that Buck never releases a BOTM on a weekend, but she could check my phone. A minute later... "Dad, we HAVE to get this!"

As it happens, I've been looking at getting a pocket stone and needed to get over $100 for free shipping. Perfect!

I was driving back from the library with my 13-yr old on Saturday. We'd just picked up a haul for Free Comic Book Day and were talking about some of the May the Fourth stuff we saw. I mentioned my R2D2 Budgie and passed it over to her. It's my only Star Wars Buck, but all our kids think it's cool. She asked about this year's version. I told her that Buck never releases a BOTM on a weekend, but she could check my phone. A minute later... "Dad, we HAVE to get this!"

As it happens, I've been looking at getting a pocket stone and needed to get over $100 for free shipping. Perfect!

. . . and that is why the red blade is cooler than black : )

I got it today, and am very pleased. The fit and finish is great and the action is very smooth. The edge is even and super sharp. The red looks a lot more toned down in person and I think the black hardware all around is nice. A keeper!

Wow. I just received the 112 BOTM today. I don't have any space to post a picture. But it looks great and it is very light. Even though I am not a fan of Cerakote, it is a nice dark red color. It was shipped in a white box, not the usual cardboard colored box. The box that the knife was in was the usual black box and it had a pouch. I had some trouble sliding out the outer sleeve but eventually it moved.

Some good looking knives gentlemen. Although I am not a fan, it seems to me that if a feller has any of the "May the Fourth" knives he should make sure to collect them all. Would make for an interesting collection.
I am missing the r2d2 budgie šŸ˜„

How many are there? Maybe 4.
1: That could be a Marksman Storm Trooper in 2021.
2: R2D2 Budgie for 2022.
3: C3P0 brass TRX IN 2023.
4: Darth Vader (my guess)) this year.
Before 2021 there was a couple of kitchen knives I think for May BOTM.

How many are there? Maybe 4.
1: That could be a Marksman Storm Trooper in 2021.
2: R2D2 Budgie for 2022.
3: C3P0 brass TRX IN 2023.
4: Darth Vader (my guess)) this year.
Before 2021 there was a couple of kitchen knives I think for May BOTM.

Post #1 has pictures of the first 3 knives. Someone should make a thread - who wants to be the biggest SWB nerd ? Not be be mistaken for an SOB. Whoever starts a thread will win the crown for King or Queen of the Star Wars Buck nerds.

I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars nerd. But I do remember watching the first film (or would that be the fourth?? Who knows?) in 1982 when I was 6. I was in awe, for sure. Fast spaceships, lasers, lightsabers, and a big scary dude in all black.
That 6 year old really wants one of these knives. Have they sold out yet?

I still remember seeing the first commercial. My brother and I looked at each other when that commercial was over ran downstairs as fast as we could and started speaking in tongues are minds were so blown trying to tell our mother we had to go see star wars. Now !

Unfortunately, we had to wait for summer. Great Times Great Memories : )

I saw the first Star Wars 4 times when it first came out. It's not that I am a person who sees movies multiple times. But I kept finding myself in a group that was going and they took me along. But I do like Star Wars. I guess I don't have that first knife either.

If $50.00 less I would have bought one or two.. But these days of inflation and high insurance bills I had to pass. I do like it especially the D-2!

Back