May 2024 Buck of the Month BOTM - 112 Slim Pro TRX, D2 Red Cerakote with Milled Aluminum Black Handle

I finally pulled the trigger on this today... I've had a 112 TRX for a long time and still dislike the G10. I'll probably sell that off, and another aluminum handle knife (Kershaw Bel Air) that I don't really carry, and that will cover the cost of this.

I'm sorta lukewarm on cerakote (and D2), but like this color combo, and the handles.

Well at first I wasn’t gonna jump on this, because I’m not always a fan of Buck and sometimes when they revamp the traditional designs it leaves a lot to be desired. But after some motivation from my wife (she’s a keeper!) I decided to pick it up. I gotta say, the scales are done so well that it really does feel premium. It’s my favorite modernized buck yet. Fit and finish were better than most other bucks I’ve handled, and the Vader theme is pretty apparent to me (the milling on the scales matches up with Vader’s shoulder cowls pretty closely!

Overall, I’m very pleased! plus, I had to get it to match my stormtrooper 112 😉

IMG_0115.jpeg

Got mine yesterday... Really impressed with the feel of the aluminum, compared to the G10 on the TRX (which I'm not a fan of). D2 is old news, but I think that this is the sharpest new knife out of the box that I've ever purchased.

Not a huge Star Wars guy, but I knew the color combo seemed awfully familiar...
20240524-095202.jpg

20240524-095209.jpg

Chewbacca burlap micarta?
20240524-095325.jpg

Back