Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

My ears are rusty when it comes to understand spoken english but what i've understood of the three podcasts was very interesting. Thanks Jason.

Dan.

Just finished the barlow podcast. Very enjoyable and informative. Looking forward to catching the others soon. Thanks guys!

Sweet! I haven't listened yet, but definitely will! In the past, I have found myself often wishing there were a podcast on this very topic.

Just listened to the first four episodes doing yard work. Well paced, informative, an all around good time.

Glad to see yall are still at it, looking forward to listening to more.

The Catch Bit show is awesome as it brings the Bladeforums right to my ears - the people involved are great, the show itself is great, I have many chuckles as well as almost beg for the show not to stop when I am working away listening to it.

I totally agree, the likes of extremely knowledgeable collectors such as Charlie who has had so many experiences in the dealings with cutlery Companies - so too with Jack just as equally, so both of these fine Gentleman would be amazing to listen to with their Knowledge, experiences etc.
Perhaps a Sheffield Chapter, a GEC Chapter with a few episodes.

We have so so many more though - Lyle with his Farmers Jacks - a guy who has singled out mostly the one pattern and is very well known for it, as well his collaborations with GEC and the Lick Creek line.

I could make a list of amazing people who collect Knives and have amazing collections- I could imagine Knowtracks as being a very interesting interview as well - Mike Roebuck... well there you go as I am starting to name names which gets dangerous because people get offended when left out, what I am trying to say is this amazing Podcast has many, many different roads it can turn down to speak to people on all sorts of different subjects and I am always excited about the next upcoming episode.

I imagine a sit down on "air" with bill from GEC - would be amazing as well, also it would be great to hear a few episodes from Mark Zalesky as well - I am sure he would have many stories to tell as well as his knowledge and position with the Knife magazine - wow we could make a list just quickly and smash out 100 names very easily.

Well done and Thank you to Jason, Mike and Neal for this great show.

I imagine a sit down on "air" with bill from GEC - would be amazing as well, also it would be great to hear a few episodes from Mark Zalesky as well - I am sure he would have many stories to tell as well as his knowledge and position with the Knife magazine - wow we could make a list just quickly and smash out 100 names very easily.

Well done and Thank you to Jason, Mike and Neal for this great show.
I too love listening to the podcasts!! They bring the knifery we all enjoy that much closer, adding the human touch that is sometimes missing from blogs and forums!!
I hope this continues to develop!!!

The latest Episode of the CATCH BIT SHOW was yet again a success in every way, I enjoy the Banter between the guys, I have loved every episode so far and really couldn't imagine not liking one to be honest with you.
All the information shared with us - whether it be from Mike or Jason inside their Workshops or from outside their workshops of other makers, Historical facts being shared, information on people within the Knife World has been simply the best.
Listening to what is coming up with the invitations of more people coming in, and the menu on the whole where the surface hasn't been scratched yet - is SO exciting.

I have listened to a LOT of podcasts- in fact its pretty much all I do when I drive ( and I drive a lot with work ) or when working on the House, I think you guys are on a real winner here - please keep this up.

I have only the one complaint and that is the episodes are not long enough 🤣 , in saying this I understand the immense work in the preparation for each episode- especially if talking Historical subjects, and then the task of editing each session- it must be taxing.

Thank you my friends for this - excellent stuff, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

The latest Episode of the CATCH BIT SHOW was yet again a success in every way, I enjoy the Banter between the guys, I have loved every episode so far and really couldn't imagine not liking one to be honest with you.
All the information shared with us - whether it be from Mike or Jason inside their Workshops or from outside their workshops of other makers, Historical facts being shared, information on people within the Knife World has been simply the best.
Listening to what is coming up with the invitations of more people coming in, and the menu on the whole where the surface hasn't been scratched yet - is SO exciting.

I have listened to a LOT of podcasts- in fact its pretty much all I do when I drive ( and I drive a lot with work ) or when working on the House, I think you guys are on a real winner here - please keep this up.

I have only the one complaint and that is the episodes are not long enough 🤣 , in saying this I understand the immense work in the preparation for each episode- especially if talking Historical subjects, and then the task of editing each session- it must be taxing.

Thank you my friends for this - excellent stuff, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
Thank you so much for the support and for the feedback! 2023 should be a fun year for the show. The feedback and support we have received from you all has been really amazing. Stay tuned. I think we are really just scratching the surface!

I’ve really been enjoying the podcast! I’ve tried podcasts in the past, and thought maybe they just weren’t for me…. This is the first one that has me coming back for more. 😁

Well..................... I think I have thrashed all of the episodes on this awesome podcast THE CATCH-BIT SHOW, guys......... Mike, Jason and Neal you are killing it! just keep it up, I like the banter, I like the whole atmosphere of the Catch Bit Show- because it is on the similar lines as to what this amazing part of the Web - our Traditionals Forum, by this I mean its amazingly informative, its a show the Family could listen to, when I say that I find myself having a bit of a chuckle because I spent my whole life in Automotive Workshops where I am sure they invented every possible swear word one could imagine.

The latest episode that discussed the Stan Hope Knives, Mikes and Jasons experiences with Lasers etc- is just SO good to listen to, which leaves me in the position for yet MORE knives to look for "Thanks Guys" 🙃

I was on my phone as I have spotify where all my podcasts are - and of course The Catch Bit Show is definitely on there, and I have never done this before - but I gave the show a 5 star rating, this helps the guys a lot- especially as they grow - so please take the effort and look on your device- whatever you use and rate this show the rating it well and truly deserves ( no - I do not own shares 🤣 ) I just think that when we have something good do the best we can to help the show survive and grow.

By bringing in people and interviewing - this is super exciting!!! That list of exciting people to talk to could well be never ending! Good things coming up - tune your ears folks - check out the next one for yet another awesome show coming up

Well..................... I think I have thrashed all of the episodes on this awesome podcast THE CATCH-BIT SHOW, guys......... Mike, Jason and Neal you are killing it! just keep it up, I like the banter, I like the whole atmosphere of the Catch Bit Show- because it is on the similar lines as to what this amazing part of the Web - our Traditionals Forum, by this I mean its amazingly informative, its a show the Family could listen to, when I say that I find myself having a bit of a chuckle because I spent my whole life in Automotive Workshops where I am sure they invented every possible swear word one could imagine.

The latest episode that discussed the Stan Hope Knives, Mikes and Jasons experiences with Lasers etc- is just SO good to listen to, which leaves me in the position for yet MORE knives to look for "Thanks Guys" 🙃

I was on my phone as I have spotify where all my podcasts are - and of course The Catch Bit Show is definitely on there, and I have never done this before - but I gave the show a 5 star rating, this helps the guys a lot- especially as they grow - so please take the effort and look on your device- whatever you use and rate this show the rating it well and truly deserves ( no - I do not own shares 🤣 ) I just think that when we have something good do the best we can to help the show survive and grow.

By bringing in people and interviewing - this is super exciting!!! That list of exciting people to talk to could well be never ending! Good things coming up - tune your ears folks - check out the next one for yet another awesome show coming up
Thank you so much for listening and rating! Yes, please everybody please give us a rating. We're not looking to add any kind of sponsorships but we do pride ourselves on the content and we want to be the best! So thank you all for helping make the show a success! That said you will definitely want to tune in for the next episode. We have something.....or someONE rather very special for you all. ;) Can't wait for you all to enjoy! Stay tuned!

I wonder just how many of the Traditionals Family we have here listen in to The Catch Bit Show ?

Is it worth asking that we all chime in here to let the guys on the podcast know they have our ears?

Back