Small Manual Flippers with 2.25-3.25 inch Blades

Michael Zieba EDC flipper, Limited Ed. 20 made.

27540750_1701982513156803_2245545838739715643_n_zpsjsdbru9o.jpg

chinatown_zpswo9o0pwv.jpg

DSCN4684_zpsvzrxuknr.jpg

DSCN4679_zps84v3yb0c.jpg

DSCN4695_zpsl4r51kg7.jpg

DSCN4678_zps2f5cy6vl.jpg

Last edited:
Since I posted my Hogue X-1 Microflip in this thread, I've gotten two other nice small manual flippers with 3" blades:
  1. Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon
  2. Kizer Feist (super slim)
I'm also looking forward to a Hogue X-1 Microflip with Wharnie blade instead of the Drop Point which I have. I find wharnies more useful for EDC tasks.

My Massdrop Ferrum Forge Gent has become one of my most carried and useful EDCs.

First drop was a geat price too!

Really sorry I missed that Massdrop offer. So very close to buying a Feist.

Their (Ferrum Forge) website claims that the Gent line will be continued into 2018.

Last edited:
My latest manual flippers with blade lengths of 3".

1. Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon
  2. Kizer Feist
  3. Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Glimpse

zgXgwfX.jpg

damg2eV.jpg

I think the Spyderco Mantra is just about perfect. That being said, I would love to see one in LC200N.

If they did come out with one in LC200N, I would swap the bearings for washers, and have myself a quality all purpose lighter carry.

I don't remember seeing the Michael Zieba MS3 in this thread, at 2 5/8" it fits this thread's description. I am waiting on mine now, so I haven't handled it but its profile reminds of the Benchmade Valet.
TNK_MZI10A-w.jpg

Also, the Jake Hoback MK Ultra which is 2 1/2" and is a liner-lock flipper which is my personal favorite configuration.
Jake-Hoback-Knives-MK-Ultra-LL-SW-Ti-SW-BHQ-79352-jr.jpg

How do you like the Mini Glimpse? How would you compare it to the Mini Bodega?

My Steelcraft Mini Glimpse is a beauty. It weighs 3.68 ounces with a 0.144" blade thickness versus Mini Bodega's 3.74 ounces with a 0.119" blade thickness. The CF inlay on the Mini Glimpse is seamless and adds decent traction. Mini Glimpse is $399 vs. $445 for Mini Bodega. Mini Glimpse is more comfortable in the hand because it doesn't have that raised clip of the Mini Bodega. One caveat on the Mini Glimpse is that it doesn't have a steel lock bar insert. Lockup is solid but there's tiny bit of lock stick. I've only had it a few hours.

Steelcraft Mini Glimpse and Mini Bodega:

4ZYPXlR.jpg

iWYRbbP.jpg

The Steelcraft Mini Glimpse does not have a steel lock bar insert. I confirmed that with Begg Knives. Instead Reate which makes the knife has carbodized the lock face. I had a tiny bit of lock stick the first day. It’s pefectly fine now and I didn’t do anything other than open and close it several times.

Kershaw has more knives coming out that fit that bill than you can shake a stick at. All made in china models though, besides the bareknuckle which is my favorite but its larger. There is also the spyderco mantra that is for sale in orange handles for like 80 bucks at a certain retailer that im not sure I can mention here. It seems like a nice knife.

Back