Small Manual Flippers with 2.25-3.25 inch Blades

I think I finally found the one! MKM LionSteel Clap is classy, slim and tough. Smooth flipper action and two cutting areas.

Vf4wqE2.jpg

XHD5Z9j.jpg

DLemERO.jpg

QeUsHTx.jpg

CKwPaQp.jpg

It's not a manual flipper. Nice size and price though.[/Q
Oh yeah. Wasn't thinking. I pulled mine out and flicked it out and my mind said "well there's no spring and it flicks out", disregarding the flipper part if the qualification. My mistake.

I think I finally found the one! MKM LionSteel Clap is classy, slim and tough. Smooth flipper action and two cutting areas.

Vf4wqE2.jpg

XHD5Z9j.jpg

DLemERO.jpg

QeUsHTx.jpg

CKwPaQp.jpg
The texture on the CF looks cool. This knife has a lot of nice little details. Nice score.

Last edited:
MBK EZC designed by Ray Laconico and made by Kizer for $180. Very nice and slim.

Blade Length: 3”
Blade Thickness: .12”
Handle Length: 3 3/4”
Blade Material: S35VN
Blade Finish: Stonewash
Handle Material: Titanium
Backspacer: Titanium
Weight: 2.8oz

FY507aj.jpg

5svHYLe.jpg

KNLCfHU.jpg

j2tFcou.jpg

MBK EZC designed by Ray Laconico and made by Kizer for $180. Very nice and slim.

Blade Length: 3”
Blade Thickness: .12”
Handle Length: 3 3/4”
Blade Material: S35VN
Blade Finish: Stonewash
Handle Material: Titanium
Backspacer: Titanium
Weight: 2.8oz

FY507aj.jpg

5svHYLe.jpg

KNLCfHU.jpg

j2tFcou.jpg

Very nice. I've been tempted by this one, as well as the Minpin. I might have all of the other Kizer/Laconico knives.

The new XM-18 3" TriWay is pretty awesome. The smaller/lighter 3" blade really benefited from the new bearing setup. I have two of the DLT No Choil Slicers and they are fantastic.

40Ucg6j.jpg

SNqOW68.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I've been tempted by this one, as well as the Minpin. I might have all of the other Kizer/Laconico knives.

The new XM-18 3" TriWay is pretty awesome. The smaller/lighter 3" blade really benefited from the new bearing setup. I have two of the DLT No Choil Slicers and they are fantastic.

Nice!

How does the newer XM-18 3" flip compared to the old ones? Do you have the bearings in your TriWay? Mine from 2013 does not flip well at all and it has washers.

Nice!

How does the newer XM-18 3" flip compared to the old ones? Do you have the bearings in your TriWay? Mine from 2013 does not flip well at all and it has washers.

The difference is night and day with the 3" XM on bearings in my experience. Both of mine are currently running on the bearings. It's now at least on par with any ZT on bearings.

The difference is night and day with the 3" XM on bearings in my experience. Both of mine are currently running on the bearings. It's now at least on par with any ZT on bearings.

Great! Good to know. Thanks.

Has anyone metioned the Olamic Busker? I'll throw that out there. I just received mine last week and love it. The 2 1/2" blade is plenty of knife for me and the thing is a beauty to look at.

Has anyone metioned the Olamic Busker? I'll throw that out there. I just received mine last week and love it. The 2 1/2" blade is plenty of knife for me and the thing is a beauty to look at.

They're very nice with quite a few blade shapes.

Personally, I like my small flippers to have a blade length of 2.75"-2.99", blade thickness of 0.12"-0.14", weight of 3.75 ounces or less and above all slim in thickness and width.

Great design. I’m waiting for mine to come back from a regrind to a thinner edge.

I’m not a big fan of flippers (can’t seem to get used to them), but one I recently purchased that really surprised me is the Italian made Tops MSF 4.0.

How did you hear it's supposed to be a liner lock?

GPKnives had posted it on their site and forum member KVT spotted it before they pulled it. Some of the discussion is here. Here are the specs KVT pulled from GPKnives:

Overall Length 7.00"
Blade Length 3.00"
Sharpened Length 2.63"
Blade Thickness 0.12"
Blade Material CPM-20CV
Blade Type Stainless
Blade Rockwell 60-61 HRC
Opening Mechanism Flipper
Lock Liner Lock
Closed Length 4.13"
Handle Thickness 0.415"
Handle Material G10