Podcast centered around slip joint making/traditional knife history - The Catch Bit Show

Meeting you all was one of the great days of my life Duncan 🙂 Stan sure did like a natter, I lost count of the trains back to Leeds I missed, we would go to lunch, and I'd just help him back to his workshop, and I'd be there another 2 or 3 hours! 😁 Walking round Sheffield would be less interesting today I'm afraid Duncan, the old factories are being destroyed at a terrible pace ☹️ I would love a hat-trick pal 🙂 Maybe H herder will come over too 😉👍

Jack, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Wouldn't it be fun to have a group of Guardians and porch folks for a get together in Sheffield!!!

Jack the details are a little sensitive but let's just say when I got that phone call from Neal I knew I better spill the beans, my little trick had worked a little too well. 😬 I'm going to remain very cautions going forward. I'm certain I have payback coming. Lol

So, in my defense... I really don't have any. Yes, I was absolutely punked as they say.
I have no doubt the story will be told on the next podcast (at my expense and their great amusement.) :)

Herder my friend - I am keen ! VERY keen - I know for a fact I will be meeting up with Jack at some stage as Sue had her family in England so we pop over every now and then - hey - it’s only 29 hours flying 🤣 But what’s at the end makes it all worth while - and oh boy if both Herder and Jack Black were there - Awesome!

I’m looking forward to hearing how the guys got you matey. Just remember the sweet taste of revenge ☠️

Edit: Correct my typo error of our Jack's name.!

Last edited:
I laughed about Jason's prank on Neal- Neal bit hook line and sinker- as I think I would have as well 🤣

I enjoyed the chat on the "Hobo" knives, my daughter mentioned that she would like one, so I will find something for her, She has a very nice
83 GEC Jigged Bone Knife- but she doesn't carry it on her person- but in here purse where I suspect it made its way slowly down to the bottom of the bag!

I haven't seen the very early examples- so again you guys have peaked my interest, and I will lay a curse down if you hook me into another pattern I try to pursue!

Loved the banter near the end, I wish I was roadside watching Jason extract that Family once he uprighted their overturned vehicle with his Knife! Heroes don't always wear Capes! 🤣😂

It was Great listening to the latest episode of the catch up on the Big Eugene show! - runs in time with Charlies Thread - it was good to hear Neal telling us folk who haven't been so lucky to get to it just how it all went down - perfect conversation for me to listen to while I was working on a few Weatherboards at home.

With me gearing up to try and get to the next show from over here - its simply underlined the fact that I have to go! It sounds like Neal picked up a couple of beauties!

Nice listening to the guys chatting is always good as there is always a bit of Ribbing going along!

Hope Jason is going to be ok with the expecting Flooding coming his way!

Thanks again Jason, Mike and Neal for yet another chance for us to tune into a real decent Knife Conversation :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Mike, Jason and Neal, for doing the Oregon Wrap-up!!
You brought back a wonderful Knife Show that celebrated a wonderful return for Oregon after 3 years absence!! And what a show it was!!! :cool:

P.S. Warning!!! These podcasts are addictive!!!😲

;)

We ended up ok at Seven Eagles Duncan. A little more soggy and we'll need to pump a few of the septic tanks later this week but not too much worse for wear. The river crested sometime yesterday and is already slowly starting to drop.....Thank God!

finally listened to waynorth waynorth 's part 2

bvOlK67.jpg

3JI6WsP.jpg

one inside out and one soup!

Back