uPwUrWu.jpg

rczISHj.jpg

GHBxByJ.jpg

DzHsrpN.jpg

Id5dVtx.jpg

klWVOOl.jpg

heWmQBO.jpg

RG4LPvN.jpg

How do you like that Kizer? I'm not a big front flipper guy but that's a pretty nifty looking knife.

How do you like that Kizer? I'm not a big front flipper guy but that's a pretty nifty looking knife.

Very nice and only $169. I like Reverse Tanto blades like Benchmade 940. Front flipper mechanisms are quite different from one implementation to another. It will take practice to become proficient with this one. The Pena X-Series mechanism is probably easiest and most flush with the frame.

Got some nice small budget flippers priced $35-$80 (Blade Steel, Handle Material, Blade Length and Weight included below):

• Harnds Wind 14C28N Transparent Cyan G10 BL 2.91" WT 2.3 oz
  • Harnds Wind 14C28N Blue G10 BL 2.91" WT 2.3 oz
  • Civivi NOx Nitro-V Stainless Steel BL 2.9" WT 3.1 oz
  • Kizer Sway Back N690 Green G10 BL 3.00" WT 2.72 oz
  • Civivi Bo Nitro-V Blue/Black CF Gray BL 2.9" WT 1.9 oz

2kofw29.jpg

pRdGVsu.jpg

P8yLEbc.jpg

uJL2OdM.jpg

Nice lineup and great addition to your thread! Which is your favorite? Have you tried the Laconico MBK Slayback yet?

Of the 5 I posted today, my favorite is the Civivi Bo Nitro-V Blue/Black CF Gray BL 2.9" WT 1.9 oz. for just $79.50! It’s very slim and light with a great steel and true CF.

I don’t have the MBK Laconico Slayback. Is it a locking flipper? I do have a MBK EZC flipper and a Pena X Swayback front flipper which are listed in this thread.

WE Deacon 3.25" M390 purple
Massdrop Ferrum Forge Gent select CF S35VN 3"

Civivi Mckenna 2.9" damascus
Civivi Exarch CF/Damascus 3.25
Spyderco Domino 3.1" CTS-XHP
Matt Bailey Model 2 geek flipper 3" CPM-154
Brous Bionic 2.9" D2

I believe that's it in that size range. I'm in the hot tub can't go check...

WE Deacon 3.25" M390 purple
Massdrop Ferrum Forge Gent select CF S35VN 3"

Civivi Mckenna 2.9" damascus
Civivi Exarch CF/Damascus 3.25
Spyderco Domino 3.1" CTS-XHP
Matt Bailey Model 2 geek flipper 3" CPM-154
Brous Bionic 2.9" D2

I believe that's it in that size range. I'm in the hot tub can't go check...

I pretty much have only been getting manual flippers with just under 3” blade lengths the past 3-4 years. I have several Gent flippers all posted in this thread as well as Domino and Bionic.

I pretty much have only been getting manual flippers with just under 3” blade lengths the past 3-4 years. I have several Gent flippers all posted in this thread as well as Domino and Bionic.
Just thought I'd toss in what I had. 3" was that perfect size for me though I'm starting to like ~3.5" again. Depends on the knife, occasion, and what I'm wearing.

Of the 5 I posted today, my favorite is the Civivi Bo Nitro-V Blue/Black CF Gray BL 2.9" WT 1.9 oz. for just $79.50! It’s very slim and light with a great steel and true CF.

I don’t have the MBK Laconico Slayback. Is it a locking flipper? I do have a MBK EZC flipper and a Pena X Swayback front flipper which are listed in this thread.
I really enjoy my CIVIVI Zinker Bo. It’s such a thin, light knife yet feels solid. I was also impressed by the ergos of the Kizer Swags Swayback…and I’m a sucker for a button lock.

I really enjoy my CIVIVI Zinker Bo. It’s such a thin, light knife yet feels solid. I was also impressed by the ergos of the Kizer Swags Swayback…and I’m a sucker for a button lock.

Kizer Swaggs Swayback comes in both button lock and liner lock. The liner lock comes only with Green G10 and it’s the one I have. The button lock models come in either Red or Purple G10. All 3 models are $59.

Just rhree of mine...

Attachments

• Runts of the Litter.jpg
    Runts of the Litter.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 6
Two new higher end flippers (Blade Steel, Handle Material, Blade Length and Weight included below):

• Tactile Knife Rockwall XHP Titanium BL 2.9" WT 2.6 oz
  • Kansept Steller Blackwashed S35VN Titanium BL 3.00" WT 3.2 oz

vltVVBt.jpg

t6Pzfg8.jpg

3nyCn4l.jpg

TDb32GB.jpg

Three new front flippers (Blade Steel, Handle Material, Blade Length and Weight included below):

• Pena X-Series Zulu M390 Brown Micarta BL 2.8" WT 2.3 oz
  • WE Eidolon 20CV Integral Carbon Fiber BL 2.9" WT 2.0 oz
  • Kizer De L'Orme 20-CV Black/Gray G10 BL 2.9" WT 2.2 oz

txS1QFr.jpg

cpuzoDh.jpg

AZHCZ1P.jpg

8YruvoX.jpg

Just rhree of mine...

Nice. However, those small Spyderco folders are not manual flippers. Spyderco does have small manual flippers like the Mantra 3. I have a Mantra 2, posted in this thread, from 2015 with a 3.2” blade length.

Yes, the Slayback is a very nice implementation of a liner lock in an unexpected ZDP189!

IMG_20210812_131454_442.jpg

Yes, the Slayback is a very nice implementation of a liner lock in an unexpected ZDP189!

IMG_20210812_131454_442.jpg

It’s a nice clean design but ZDP-189 doesn’t agree with sweat and salty air & water here! MBK should’ve stuck with a nice stainless steel like M390 on the EZC 2.0.

Four new manual flippers with blade lengths of just under 3 inches:

• WE Knife Smooth Sentinel Titanium with Marble CF Inlays, 20CV, BL 2.97", WT 2.11 oz
  • WE Knife Elementum Blue Titanium, 20CV, BL 2.96", WT 3.31 oz
  • WE Knife Shakan Bronze Titanium, 20CV, BL 2.97", WT 2.63 oz
  • WE Knife Charith Blue, 20CV, BL 2.98", WT 2.66 oz

YnTTEYr.jpg

08Bxiel.jpg

cONAp1E.jpg

7nxBmm8.jpg

Back