The Cheapskate Club Membership Thread

EngrSorenson EngrSorenson what is this little number 8 in the corner? I've never seen an opinel with brass pins...

View attachment 2389902
UebVwsg.jpg

WGebpcu.jpg

A modification of my own design!

I’d join but I’m too cheap to pay the dues. :p Maybe I already joined, who knows. I will take 107 then. I like a good bargain but it is more fun when the bargain meets or exceeds what I was expecting. Makes me feel I have a good head wind in my sails ( please correct me if you are sailing person) …life is good kind of feeling. My recent acquisition from redsquid2 makes me feel that way, good basic knife, good steel, fits the hand well AND comes with a sheath. I have a few from him that are good bargains and good users.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take #108. I'm not quite as frugal as some here, but I love finding high value knives. Most recent is a Vosteed Mini Nightshade for $60 that's built like a much more expensive knife.

I also just ran across the Very Good Knife Company and their prices for US, handmade blades in some of my favorite steels are pretty incredible. I'll definitely be buying some of their wares and I'm curious to see what my fellow Cheapskates thinks of them!

I feel my MAM folder is a good user, for basic duty, light is what I like most about it. Need to try AntoninI Old Bear next. I don’t own any BPS knives but I feel they are the good bargain for a basic knife lately. Luckily I have know a guy here who will let me try one if I want before I buy, to try it and see how I like the scandi grind.

Last edited:
I almost never buy anything new. I love used deals, I’ll take beaters and scratches, but I hate paying new prices.

That’s not to say I never buy anything expensive, but I keep my collection around 4-7 blades, sell to buy, and buy almost everything off the exchange here.

CS #111

I save a pile of money buying most of my knives from BF, used LNIB is my favorite 😎. Also just got my first China knife, maybe I can join this club, lol. If you post a knife for $60, I’ll be pm’ing you with a $50 offer. I’m not a cheap skate, I’m just a tight wad, and due to the synonymousity (no it’s not a real word) of cheap skate and tight wad, I think I qualify for this club.

You can’t be too much of a tightwad Mick, if you’ll offer me 50 bucks for a $10 knife I listed at 60.

I’ve got knives I paid less than 10 bucks for, cleaned up and repaired, and then got more than $50 use out of.

I also have knives I made from scrap tool steel I got free, and got more than $50 use on their clock.

My cheapskatitude has not always been perfect though - knife in my pocket right now that I paid over 100 for. Flexcut cabinet jack, it doesn’t seem as expensive when I say how much it cost per blade.

Parker #38

Back